STAFF TRAINING DURING OPENING WEEK
No week is more important to the staff than the first one, when the program is launched. Your team should not worry. Cooper’s Express offers one of the best training programs in the industry and it’s provided without charge to new retailers. During Opening Week, your Business Advisor (BA) from our Field Operations team will work side-by-side with your staff… and continues until he or she sees they can execute the procedures on their own. Your role regarding training is simply to bring in your entire team for the scheduled training days including any new employees you are hiring. We take care of the rest.
The goal of our training program is to help your staff become productive and to provide exceptional levels of customer service. Your BA will teach proper processes and food preparation techniques as described in our Store Operations Manual, which will remain at your location for continued reference after the initial training. The staff training centers on:
- Understanding the menu and price offerings
- Food preparation and cooking procedures
- Operating and maintaining all new equipment
- Safe and sanitary food-handling procedures
- Ensure your staff can conduct procedures and re-train where needed
- Treating customers right, so they will want to come back
Overall, our mutual training objective is to guarantee consistent, quality food products and outstanding service to your customers.